The Eastview Boys' and Girls' Club was founded in 1963 by the Simcoe Hall Women's Welfare League of Oshawa. In 1989 the Eastview Boys and Girls Club received its own charter of operation with its own Board of Directors. The club has a core membership of approximately 1000, located in twenty units, and serves an approximate user population of 6,000 per year, representing an age range from 4 years old to 80 plus. The main client program base however is 4-18 years of age.
The first Executive Director of the Eastview Boys and Girls Club was Harold W. McNeill, who later was appointed judge of the Juvenile and Family Court of Oshawa/Whitby. Judge McNeill served as Executive Director for the club from 1960 to 1968 and was responsible for the funding and building of the new and present club prior to its opening in 1963.
In 2011, Eastview Boys' and Girls' Club officially changed its name to the Boys and Girls Club of Durham to reflect that our club serves the entire Durham Region.
In September 2012, two more units opened. As of September 2013, the Boys and Girls Club of Durham offers After-school program in 20 locations throughout the Durham Region: Eastview, Northview, Bolton C. Falby Public School, Terry Fox Public School, Vimy Ridge Public School, Lincoln Avenue Public School, Harmony Heights Public School, Bobby Orr Public School John M. James Public School, Harold Longworth Public School, C.E. Broughton Public School, West Lynde Public School, Alexander Graham Bell Public School, Carruthers Creek Public School, St. James Catholic School,
Glengrove Public School, Sir Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, St. John Evangelist Catholic School, Sir William Stephenson Public School and Newcastle Recreational Centre.